Note: We ask that you attend at least one open meeting before submitting work for the radio recording.
The Kenosha Writers’ Guild is going into the WGTD-HD3 studio to record its next Speaking of Our Words radio program on Friday, January 17th.
If you are interested in reading your work on the air, please see the following submission guidelines:
– Any form – prose, poetry, play, essay, script, etc.
– Subject matter is not an issue, but language can be, so be mindful. Strong language is discouraged, so if you have a piece with rough language, edit it or submit an alternative.
– 500 word count maximum. You may submit more than one piece if the total doesn’t exceed 500 words, but in order to get as many readers as possible, only one piece may be selected for performance on air.
– Submissions should be e-mailed to Chris DeGuire at email@example.com preferably in Courier font.
– Submission deadline is Wednesday, January 15th.
The recording date is Friday, January 17, at Gateway Technical College in Kenosha, at 3:00 PM.
Selected readers will be notified by Thursday the 16th.
Speaking of Our Words is a radio show produced by the Kenosha Writers’ Guild and WGTD-HD3.
To listen to past shows, visit Speaking of Our Words on facebook.