Our next IDC is scheduled for Thursday, May 9, 6:30 – 9:00 pm.
Deadline for submission is midnight, May 2.
- Word document, sent as attachment
- Word limit is 5000 words
- Double spaced, 12 pt., Courier or Times New Roman font, pages numbered
- Include your name and address and title of the piece at the top of the first page and include what form the piece is (short story, novel excerpt, poem, etc.)
- Email submission to: email@example.com by midnight, May 2
- Work may be fiction, non-fiction, essay, play, or poetry. If the piece exceeds the word limit, please submit an excerpt in keeping with the word limit and provide a brief synopsis of what the reader needs to know.
At the meeting, the author reads a page to a page and a half of the piece. The critique format consists of 3 rounds.
Round 1: participants point out what’s working in the piece and what they especially liked.
Round 2: participants may ask questions and comment on problematical areas. The author does not comment or reply during the first two rounds.
Round 3: the author answers and/or asks questions and may comment on the feedback received.
Participants may print out and write their comments on the submissions, or bring their laptops with pieces downloaded an provide verbal critiques.