Submission deadline is midnight Sunday, November 10th.
Work may be fiction, creative non-fiction, essay, play, or poetry. Fiction may be a short story or novel excerpt. If it is a novel excerpt please provide a brief synopsis of what the readers need to know.
All submissions should be emailed to Chirs DeGuire at email@example.com by midnight Sunday, November 10th.
Submissions MUST follow these guidelines-
– It must be in a Word document and sent as an attachment. They should be in Courier font, double spaced, 3700 words maximum, and the pages must be numbered. Include your name and title at the top of the manuscript.
– Please include what form the piece is – short story, novel excerpt, personal essay, etc. This is fairly standard to submitting to agents, publications, etc. Make it look as professional as possible. This will also make it clear to the readers.
– If the piece is longer than 3700 words, it should be excerpted, with any information the reader needs to know added to the manuscript. This information will not count towards the overall word count, but keep it brief.
– If you have a short story or novel excerpt that exceeds the word count, you MUST excerpt it.
– Work not meeting these guidelines may be returned and you may be asked to re-format it accordingly.
– Multiple submissions are acceptable, as long as they don’t exceed 3700 words total.
All readers will have the pieces read before the meeting. At the meeting each writer will read about a page and then everyone will have a chance to comment on the piece. Readers will comment first, then the writer.
You may attend the meeting as a writer, reader, or just an observer. If you are submitting a piece, you are automatically a reader.
Even if you just want to read, you must e-mail Chris so you can get the manuscripts. Reading guidelines will follow with the manuscripts on Monday, November 11th.